Frequently Asked Questions
Details of the Event
1. Is there any age restriction?
No, but participants aged 14 and below are recommended to join the event with parents or guardians.
2. What is the minimum fundraising amount for each team category?
Minimum fundraising amount
$4,000 / 10 participants
1 Participants aged 14 and below are recommended to join the event with parents or guardians.
- A minimum donation for HK$400 is required for each additional participant for Corporate Team.
- To ensure your spot at the event, all teams must send the minimum required donation, including the minimum donation amount of your participation category and donations of additional participant(s), to Christian Action on or before 25 Mar 2021. Please send the payment by cheque / credit card information / bank transfer receipt / payment receipt with name of participant(s) and participant reference numbers (if applicable) to Christian Action via mail or the fundraising page.
3. Do we need to finish 10,000 steps while being “3-Legged”?
Although not necessary, we do encourage you to end the walk in a 3-legged manner to understand the difficult walking experiences faced by disabled orphans in Qinghai, and to foster team spirit! You may pace yourselves according to your physical condition. Please do not forget uploading each participant’s step record together with a 3-legged team picture with your teammate(s) so as to complete the walk.
4. Do we need to bring our own leg straps to the 3-Legged Charity Walk?
No, Christian Action will provide a gift pack which includes the leg strap.
5. Do Pairs (Student), Pairs (Public), Corporate Team need to provide details of team members?
6. Will the participants get a certificate?
Enrolment: Steps and Confirmation
1. How do I know if I have successfully enrolled in the event?
A confirmation email will be sent to registered participant / contact person / team leader upon successful registration. Online registrants will receive the confirmation email immediately after enrolment. For those registered via mail or fax, the confirmation email will be sent to the registered participant within 5 working days after the enrolment form is received. If you do not receive the email, please check the “junk” or “trash" mailboxes in your email account, or call us at 2716 8862.
2. How can I register my / my team’s fundraising page?
Please click the link embedded in the confirmation email to verify your account. The login details of the fundraising page will be emailed to the registered participant / contact person / team leader after the verification.
3. I haven’t received any emails about the event. What should I do?
Please check first if your confirmation email is in the “junk” or “trash” mailboxes of your email account. If you are still unable to find it, please contact us at 2716 8862.
4. If I enrol in this event before its deadline, does it mean that I am a confirmed participant?
Please submit the minimum fundraising amount on or before 25 Mar 2021 to secure your participation. The event has a limited quota on a first-come-first-served basis. If you have any enquiries, please contact us at 2716 8862.
1. What is the purpose of setting up the fundraising page?
Participants can forward the fundraising page to friends and invite them to sponsor you at the event. The funds raised will support low income families in Hong Kong, as well as orphans and children with disabilities in Qinghai.
You can use your fundraising page to see more details about fundraising, raise funds online, submit details of donors, and invite your friends to sponsor you. The registered participant / team leader / contact person can also update the information of the team and/or additional teammate(s) using this page.
2. When will I get my / my team’s fundraising page?
The registered participant / team leader / contact person will receive a confirmation email. Click on the embedded link to verify your account, and it will send you/ your team the link to the fundraising page, login ID, and password. You can also log into your fundraising page through www.christian-action.org.hk/charitywalk.
3. I can’t remember the login ID and password of my fundraising page. What should I do?
The login ID is your email address registered for enrolment. If you forget your password, you can retrieve it via the “Forgot my password” function on our event website: www.christian-action.org.hk/charitywalk and follow the instructions on how to reset your password.
4. How do I personalise my fundraising page?
After logging in to the fundraising page, registered participant / team leader / contact person can change your profile photo and team introduction to appeal for support among your friends.
5. How do I invite my friends to sponsor me?
You can invite your family and friends to support you through the following options:
- By email: After logging in to your fundraising page, press the envelope icon at the top of your fundraising page. Type in your friend’s name and email address, enter the verification code, then press “Invite”.
- By WhatsApp: After logging in to your fundraising page, press the WhatsApp icon at the top of your fundraising page. Type in your friend’s name and mobile number, enter the verification code, then press “Invite”.
- By Facebook: After logging in to your fundraising page, you can share about your cause on your Facebook page by clicking the Facebook icon.
Donation and Sponsorship
1. How do I sponsor participants on the fundraising page?
You may find the team or team member you would like to support and click on “Sponsor Me” and add a few words of encouragement. Fill out your information and you are good to go!
2. Can I first make a donation to fulfil the minimum donation requirement and submit the donor details later?
Yes. Participants can first send the minimum fundraising amount, including the minimum donation amount of your participation category and donations of additional participant(s), on or before 25 Mar 2021, and then submit their donors’ personal information and sponsorship before 31 Mar 2021 through the fundraising page. Submission via mail or fax is also acceptable. Please note that the name of sponsors must be written in BLOCK LETTERS as per their HKID card. This will be used for issuing donation receipts. If participants wish to compete the Highest Fundraising Amount Award, please complete all the donations on or before 22 Mar 2021 for calculation.
3. Is it safe to make the donation online through credit card?
We use PayDollar as our payment gateway, which has been certified by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. It is an international standard system, and the data is treated with a 128-bit SSL encryption and protected with firewall security.
4. Can I submit my sponsor’s information via the fundraising page?
Yes. You can click "Sponsor Me" in the fundraising page, submit the details of the sponsor and make a donation online.
5. How can I compete for the Highest Fundraising Amount Award?
The cut-off date for the Highest Fundraising Amount Award will be on 22 Mar 2021. You can submit all the donations via your fundraising page, or send in the completed enrolment form with crossed cheque / credit card information / bank receipt / payment receipt by post, fax, or email on or before 22 Mar 2021. The participant in each category with the highest donation amount will win the Highest Fundraising Amount Award.
6. May I submit the donation after the event?
Yes. Please submit donations via your fundraising page, or return completed sponsorship form with crossed cheque / credit card information / bank receipt / payment receipt, and send to us by post, fax or email. Friendly reminder: In order to issue receipts, you have to submit the information of all sponsors on or before 31 Mar 2021. Please note that the name of sponsors has to be written in BLOCK LETTERS as per their HKID card. This will be used for issuing donation receipts.