Training and Employment Support
Since 1993, the Training Services Division has been providing various vocational skills training and retraining programmes with an objective of bridging the gap between employers and employees, striving to help both achieve their goals. To date, our major programmes include the ‘Manpower Development Scheme’(MDS) funded by the Employees Retraining Board, in-house training, and self enhancement courses & vocational skills training programmes for inmates and disadvantaged groups.
To date, Christian Action is one of the largest professional training organisations in Hong Kong.
Facts & Figures (up to March 2019)
- MDS Programme (since 1993)
Training Places: 280,000
Classes Conducted: 14,000
Successful Placements (Placement-tied Courses): 56,800
- Self Enhancement Courses & In-house Training (since 2000)
Number of Attendance: approx. 46,000
Classes Conducted: approximately 2,660
- Employment Agencies Network: over 30,000
Community Support for the Neighbourhood
Christian Action’s Training Services Division further extends its caring and expertise to the surrounding community. Our aim is to encourage a sense of common understanding, mutual assistance, harmony, self-determination and resilience amongst local residents and for those neighbourhoods in need.
- The objective of the centre is to assist clients in exploring alternatives in their career development based on strengths perspective assessments. Key services include job referrals and placement, career guidance and counselling, training on career planning, work-based learning, workplace attachment, and tailor-made projects for different stakeholders.
- Around 1,300 job seekers have been served
- Over 13,000 members
- Distribute periodic newsletter
- Promote community services and activities
- Enhance self-help, resilience, and strengths-based perspectives